Home Owner Initial Meeting Questions
(These questions will be reviewed/discussed to establish the baseline for your
1. Have you established an Entertainment System budget
2. Which type of system are you interested in?
- Multi-Room Audio System
(Stereo sound throughout your home, audio system only)
- Multi-Room Video System (TVs throughout the house, each capable of
In-house Video/Video Games and regular Off-Air local channels)
- Home Theater System (Stand alone Video/Audio System with Surround Sound)
- Phone and Personal Computer (PC) Data/Video System with Multi-Line Modem/Fax/Phone capability
- Component Control System (control your audio and video components from any
your house and/or from a remote location)
- Whole House Automation Lighting Control System (create “Whole House” lighting
scenes, control home
lighting and window fixtures via programmed or automatic operation, control
lighting options from your car or from a computer or phone
at any remote location). Control Home heating system from a computer,
hand held remote touch-screen or phone at any remote location.
- Window Treatment System (remote control of powered window coverings, shades,
3. Home Theater System: Do you desire a dedicated Home Theater Room?
- What type of display system? (Projector, Rear Projection TV, Plasma, LCD
or Direct View TV)
- Do you want to maximize your display screen size?
- What type of speakers do you desire? (in-wall, free standing, bookshelf or
- Do you desire acoustic material treatment within the room?
- Do you desire any Entertainment System furniture such as “Theater Chairs”, “Marques” etc?
4. Do you desire “Surround Sound” speaker systems at locations
other than your Media Room/Theater Room?
5. Will you require a Local Area Network (LAN)
capability within the home? (multiple computers accessing
each other or single household printer/fax, all computers having access
to Broadband Provider etc)? How many locations?
- Do you desire MP3 Audio input into your Multi-room Audio System via the Network?
- Do you desire to make “Play Lists” for your Multi-room Audio
system from your multiple computer locations?
- Do you desire a “Server” for your network?
- Would you prefer a “CABLE”, “TELCOM” or Satellite
DSL broadband hook-up?
6. Do you desire “Phone/Data/Video” wiring
that will support future capability?
This wil l include dual Category-5e phone/RG-6 COAX cables and fiber optic cables
to all wall plate locations. All TV locations will need phone line/network
access for convergence applications. Additional Satellite, CABLE and Phone
Company service feed cables will be installed to the system distribution panels
that will support your home phone, data and video gateway. All audio and video
component locations will require multiple “Network” ports/wall plates.
7. Do you desire a Digital Satellite System (18” satellite dish)? Multiple
or single receiver capability? (To watch
different channels simultaneously in separate rooms requires a “multi-receiver” system).
Do you desire more than two channels simultaneously?
8. Will you want to tie in your satellite system with
your personal computer for data download/transfer capability? Options include Hughes DIRECTWAY and
data cabling from satellite receivers to the network
computer and “Server” locations.
9. Would you like to have a home Closed Circuit
Camera System (CCTV) for entry door, pool, security, etc.)
- Would you like your camera (s) to record video for/from your security system?
- Do you desire “Remote Viewing” via your computer/CCTV system,
allowing you to monitor the
cameras located inside/outside your home from any remote location via computer/internet
- Would you desire the cameras to be controllable (pan/tilt/zoom capability)?
- Do you desire a dedicated CCTV monitor location, CCTV video on all TVs throughout
the house or both?
10. Do you desire an Intercom System? Would you like a multi-room paging
capability (via your phone system,
or your audio speaker system or both)?
11. Do you desire High Definition Television (HDTV)
video programming and display capability with this
installation? (This will require a separate antenna or special dish for your
local High Definition feed).
12. Would you like an “FM or AM” antenna installed for your
Multi-Room Audio System?
13. Do you desire a “Hard Drive Storage” capability in
your audio system? This will allow you store audio
playback options (MP3 files, personal play-lists, CD-Downloads etc) for instantaneous
throughout your multi-room audio system.
14. What type of In-wall speakers do you desire?
Standard speakers with a visible grill or completely invisible
speakers that remain completely hidden behind the drywall material.
15. Do you desire to tie your TV’s audio with the Multi-Room Audio System
speakers for “upgraded TV audio”?
16. Do you desire any “Hidden” or “Pop-up” video
displays that will need dedicated hardware and design
assistance with your cabinetry contractor?
17. What type of in-room volume control option do you desire?
- Manual Volume Control Switch: For in-room speaker volume control only.
- Manual/IR Combination: Allows both Manual and IR option for in-room volume
- IR Remote: All audio system functions controllable in each room via remote
controller (system on/off,
speaker volume, individual component control, etc).
- In-Wall Keypad: All audio system functions controllable in each room via
wall mounted keypad (remote not
18. Would you like any outside speakers (deck, pool, garden, spa)?
19. What components/speakers do you currently
own? Will you be using them in the new Entertainment System? I will need to see your components for “output/input” capabilities.
20. Do you desire to have a "Weather Station" monitoring
This would include the outside instruments/sensors (Weather Vane, Temp Sensor,
Rain Sensor) and a
dedicated location inside the home for mounting the "Weather Station" instruments.
instruments could include "Outside Temperature, Wind Speed, Wind Direction,
Barometer, Rainfall, Time,
Date and Tide information.
21. Will there be a “Dedicated Home Office” room?
- Do you desire any Home Office components (phones/answer machines, computers,
scanner, router, etc)
- Do you desire “Video Conferencing” capability for the office?
22. Will there be multiple dwellings/buildings involved with your system?
Do you desire ”Network” and other
system interconnect options between these dwellings?
23. Will there be any gate or entry fixture that will need to be controlled
from within the home?